Friday 1 February 2013

I Drink To The General Joy Of The Whole Table

My flat is on the top floor so the views are great, especially from my kitchen window where I can see the Cathedral.  So I decided to make a more permanent perching area, somewhere I can sit and eat my breakfast and watch the world go by below

I really love the industrial look a la Xavier Pauchard Tolix, but unfortunately my budget doesn't quite stretch so I opted for a reasonable dupe

Square Metal Stool from Very

Finding a table wasn't as easy. It had to fit into a specific area and I wanted it to be wood to contrast with the metal stools. Bingo! Good old Ikea came up trumps...

Bjorkudden Bar Table from Ikea
Me and the boyf assembled the table last night and it's perfect

p.s. I love entertaining, but I prefer a more informal approach at home. In my lounge I have a table and two benches, think old school dinner halls. The benches seat up to four people but quite often I need to accommodate six so I also picked up two of the metal chairs to pop on each end of the table as and when I needed

Metal Chair from Very

I think it all works well together, without being too matchy matchy 

Hope you have a great weekend x

No comments:

Post a Comment