Wednesday 6 March 2013

It Is Easier To Protect Your Feet With Slippers Than Carpet The Whole Of The Earth

I'm not really a fan of the ballet pump. I think it's the obligatory bow that usually adorns said pumps that puts me off? I'm not adverse to a bow or two, just not on my toes thank you

Fortunately, I have found comfort in the "slipper"

 Last year I did my usual and bought two pairs from Topshop *yep, I jumped on the vectra bandwagon*, although I am still kicking myself for not getting the leopard pair. Although come to think of it, I do remember at the time wondering if leopard *and not even ponyskin leopard I might add* and studs were just a bit OTT on one pair of little slippers for my liking

Here are the black vectra's worn yesterday with jacket from River Island (here), long sleeved t-shirt from Gap and dot jeans from Topshop (both here)



The nude vectras will be busting out very soon...




Anyways, ever since I have been keeping an eye out for a plain *ponyskin* leopard slipper and lo and behold look who came up trumps...


Ostile Ballerina from Aldo

I have conveniently ignored the fact that Aldo call them a ballerina. They're currently on sale and in a variety of colours from wardrobe staple black to indulgent spangly silver. I managed to restrain myself and just order the leopard, that's progress right? And they are winging their way to me, so watch this space...

Are you a ballet pump fan or a fellow slipper lover?

No comments:

Post a Comment