Friday 10 May 2013

Sandy Toes & Salty Kisses

Summer is definitely my favourite time of year

Sun kissed skin, pretty shoes and barbecues are the little things that make me smile but it's got to be the feel good factor that sweeps the nation and the holiday buzz that I love the most

Last year I moved into my flat so I didn't have the time, inclination or readies to go away but this summer I'm back on that jet plane. Yep, me and the Mr have booked a holiday and I'm super excited to get some quality time away with my beloved. And of course I'm already thinking about my holiday wardrobe, starting with beach attire...

Acid Mari Tote from Accessorize

This bold tote will double up as my flight/beach bag, it's roomy enough to stash all of my essentials and the colour is perfect for poolside


Kindle Cover by Diane Von Furstenberg
I do love a good book but you just can't beat a Kindle when travelling. I bought this super stylish cover for my Kindle a few years ago, love the hot pink inside

Ray Ban Cats 5000 from Sunglass Hut

I normally buy a new pair of sunglasses every year but I bought these last year and love them so  they'll be adorning my face again this summer


Bandeau Bikini from Melissa Odabash
This bikini is rather darn expensive but I have to say it is the only bikini that I really feel comfortable in, which is quite important when you're wearing next to nothing in public! It's super soft, extremely flattering and washes up like new so over the years I have stocked up on different colours, and this year I am deliberating over a yellow diamond print or a breton stripe


Dip Dye Sundress from Topshop, Fringed Kaftan from Topshop (old),
Dip Hem Tunic from Matalan, Fringed Sandals from New Look
When it comes to cover ups I don't like to over think things, these three pieces are easy to throw on and give that laid back look that I like

Paper Straw Trilby from Accessorize (old)
And I'll top it all off with a trilby for when I haven't quite nailed the coveted beach hair look

What's your top beach beauty tips?

Mx

No comments:

Post a Comment